Believe it or not! Acne prone skin is becoming a major concern for many of us. Around 80 percent of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 have acne breakouts at some point in their lifetime. Pretty high rate? huh!
Instead of allowing a few blemishes to spoil your lifestyle, follow an acne-fighting skin care treatment and start taking advantage of a full-coverage face mask until you have your acne spots under control.
Face masks help you to remove unnecessary impurities that get accumulated on your face over a period of time. After you apply any face mask on your face, you would feel softer and a younger-looking skin than before.
- 1 Editor’s Choice: The Best Face Masks for Acne Prone Skin
- 2 Are Face Masks beneficial for Acne?
- 3 Top 10 Face Masks For Acne Prone Skin
- 4 1. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask (OUR TOP PICK)
- 5 2. Bliss Multi-’Face’-Eted All-In-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask
- 6 3. Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
- 7 4. Era Organics Microdermabrasion Face Scrub & Facial Mask in One
- 8 5. Joanna Vargas Skincare Exfoliating Mask
- 9 6. Skin Ceuticals Clarifying Clay Masque
- 10 7. Clinique Acne Solutions Oil-Control Cleansing Mask
- 11 8. Boscia Cool Blue Calming Masque
- 12 9. Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque
- 13 10. Apivita Express Beauty Mask with Pomegranate
- 14 The Benefits of Face Masks for Acne Prone Skin
- 15 Wrapping Up
Editor’s Choice: The Best Face Masks for Acne Prone Skin
|Product Name||Skin Type||Editor’s Rating|
|Era Organics Face Scrub & Mask||Sensitive Skin||4.9|
|ORIGINS Active Charcoal Mask||Dry Skin||4.8|
|Boscia Luminizing Black Mask||Oily Skin||4.9|
|Bliss Multi-‘Face’-eted All-in-One Clay Mask||All Type||4.8|
|Skin Ceuticals Clarifying Clay Masque||All Type||4.7|
Are Face Masks beneficial for Acne?
This is one of the common yet important questions that pop up into our minds when we think of using any face masks.
Whether a face mask is beneficial for Acne or not?
Well, the answer to this common question is a Yes, however, a slight care is required to get the desired results.
Facial Masks helps to remove impurities from the face. Such impurities are known to block pores and hence provoke acne-like situations. A well-created face mask, maintaining ingredients and the quality can definitely bring fruitful results.
Most of the face masks for acne prone skin are either clay-based or based on solvents that wash off easily from the face.
There are chemicals like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid that serve as an anti-bacterial agent and keratolytic agent resp. in order to uniformly remove all of the dead skin cells.
Note: Try these chemicals once and in case of any side-effects, you are requested to consult a dermatologist.
Top 10 Face Masks For Acne Prone Skin
We did an intensive research on various skin products before coming up with this comprehensive list of the best face masks for acne prone skin, so let’s have a look and decide which product suits your skin the best!!!
1. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask (OUR TOP PICK)
As the name suggests, this face mask from Origin has elements that are charcoal-activated and very helpful to clear pores that are deep inside the skin.
This face mask has been specially designed to clear pores that are blocked and are present beneath your skin.
No need to worry for the side-effects as the face mask is free from any kind of dangerous components like Parabens, sulfates, etc. This face mask is free from harmful toxins that can affect your skin unexpectedly.
Charcoal is the main ingredient of this face mask that looks after your skin and helps you to get rid of acne-like problems.
- Charcoal is a very good medium to clear off blocked pores
- Best suited for dry and dull skin
- Uneven skin texture problems can be cured
- Suitable for normal, oily, dry, and sensitive skin.
2. Bliss Multi-’Face’-Eted All-In-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask
This face mask not only treats acne but many other skin problems like aging, wrinkles, acne, dark spots, etc.
Multi-‘face’-eted all-in-one anti-aging clay mask from Bliss is easy to apply and you just need to let it rest for 5 minutes on your face in order to see its magical effects on your skin.
This face mask clears impurities, reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and any other prominent signs of aging.
If you want to get even skin tone, then must try this face mask. The Clay-based mask is best suited for people who want to have a younger-looking and a smoother skin. There are ingredients that keep the formation of new dead cells at bay.
- This face mask not only cures acne problems also treats other skin problems as well.
- Glycolic acid one of the main ingredients of this face mask doesn’t allow building up of new dead cells
- No dangerous chemicals so this face mask is safe for your skin.
3. Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
This Black face mask from Boscia comes with an activated charcoal element that helps you to get clear and fairer skin.
Start using this face mask and you would see a healthy looking and a glowing skin from any kind of blemishes.
This mask is easy to apply and you just need to evenly use it on your face and let it stand for 15 to 20 minutes time. After that, peel off this mask gently, starting from the edges. In the case of any leftovers, wash your face with lukewarm water to get the best results.
You can use this face mask once or twice a week and see the magical results like never before. Make sure you don’t use it on your eyebrows, lips, and hairline. These are sensitive areas and should be avoided.
- This face mask is considered best for removing oiliness from your face.
- No preservatives, alcohol, or other harmful substances
- No dangerous chemicals like parabens, sulfates, etc.
- Compatible with almost all skin types normal, dry, sensitive, oily, etc.
4. Era Organics Microdermabrasion Face Scrub & Facial Mask in One
Want to get your younger-looking skin back? If Yes, then Era Organics should be your only choice. This face mask comes with a money back guarantee and is results are not seen, the company claim to return the money.
If you have blackheads and other face masks are not bringing the results, then Era Organics has introduced this face masks to get rid of blackheads that are haunting you during your nights.
In order to keep your skin moisturized, honey has been added as one of the main ingredients.
This microdermabrasion face scrub removes dirt and brightens dull skin as well. No need to live with your dull skin now buys this face mask and say goodbye to it.
This is one of the wonderful face masks that effectively work as an anti-aging mask.
- No harmful chemicals so the face mask is safe and can be tried on your skin.
- Suitable for sensitive skin type.
- Aloe Vera being one of the main ingredients that protects your skin from acne.
- Perfect face masks for getting even skin tone.
5. Joanna Vargas Skincare Exfoliating Mask
If you have blackheads then this face mask should be your all-time choice. This face mask helps you to get rid of blackheads or whiteheads and many other impurities that get accumulated beneath your skin.
This face mask also plays multiple roles and improves overall skin complexion as well.
There are ingredients that effectively work to get away with dead skin cells and impurities that make your skin dull and dry.
- Not only this face mask cures acne but also helps you to tighten and brighten your skin.
- Fruit enzymes help you to combat dead skin cells easily.
- Clay-Kaloinis used as one of the main ingredients to cleanse the impurities and skin pores.
6. Skin Ceuticals Clarifying Clay Masque
The Skin Ceuticals clay mask is specially designed for treating acne-prone skin. You will find all natural ingredients that would help to get a refreshed skin.
The Natural clay being one of the ingredients so you don’t have to worry for the side-effects. Many other ingredients are present that takes care of skin and smoothen it to a level beyond your imaginations.
This mask is user-friendly so you can easily use it once in a week.
- Prepared from natural clay so has fewer side effects
- Comes integrated with natural healing properties.
- Hydroxyl acid is one of the main ingredients that functions as an exfoliator.
7. Clinique Acne Solutions Oil-Control Cleansing Mask
This face mask is prepared using Natural clay so it helps to cure acne and many other facial problems easily.
You can check instructions for using this face mask and it only needs 5 minutes time to stay on your face and show its long-term effects, if used on a regular basis.
This face mask is best suited for most of the skin types.
- Users found their skin smoother and better after using this face mask
- Best suited for oily skin
- Made from natural clay.
- This is a medicinal face mask and has many medicated benefits as well.
8. Boscia Cool Blue Calming Masque
This face mask is simple to apply and easy to peel off without any hassle. Boscia Cool Blue Calming Masque comes along with Aloe Vera that gives cooling sensation and calms down the skin.
One of the main ingredients of this face mask is Sea Whip, an anti-inflammatory element.
Another ingredient that is very useful for getting rid of the acne problems is Willow herb that looks after the complexion and helps to prevent the occurrence of red spots on your skin.
- This is anti to inflammation face mask so soothes skin.
- Any red spots are reduced over a period of time.
- Aloe Vera, one of the main ingredients of this face mask cures many other skin problems as well.
9. Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque
This face mask helps to get clearer skin. Save your face from pimples and do not allow them to pop up again.
This face mask contains chemicals like bentonite clay, salicylic acid, and many other chemicals that protect your skin from clogging.
If you have a pimpled skin, just take a cotton bud and dab it in the face mask and apply on the affected area. Apply this mask 3-4 times in a week and get rid of skin problems that are spoiling your day and nights.
So, If you are looking for a spot treatment then this face mask should be your only choice.
- Bentonite clay absorbs the excess of the oil from the skin so oily skin people can use this face mask.
- Salicylic acid opens up blocked pores
- Do not give space for the pimples to pop up.
10. Apivita Express Beauty Mask with Pomegranate
As the name suggests, Apivita Express Beauty Mask with Pomegranate works with its super-fast action.
Pomegranate being one of the main ingredients treats acne very quickly. It helps to get your natural-looking skin after acne treatments.
Pomegranate helps to maintain the skin radiance. When you see its packaging, you would be amazed to see how small it is packed.
You can take it in your carry bag and go wherever you want to go. You can use its small pack for at least 12 times so good enough to last for months.
- Best suited for dry skin
- No chemicals added, so don’t worry for the side-effects as it is safe and very skin-friendly.
- You can try this face mask by buying small pouches as well
- Skin complexion can be treated with ease.
The Benefits of Face Masks for Acne Prone Skin
- Deep cleansing – Normally, you don’t get time to clean your face and refine those pores that can block the skin cells. Face Masks helps in deep cleansing of such pores so that no impurities can harm your skin and invite acne-like situations.
- Keeps your skin hydrated – Face masks contain water and when water is applied to clear off these face masks, that water penetrates inside your skin and keep it hydrated for a longer period of time.
- Reduces different signs of aging – Applying face masks on a regular basis diminishes those fine lines, wrinkles, on your skin and helps in reducing the different signs of aging like fine lines, sagging skin, wrinkles, and acne spots.
- Helps in getting even skin color – Many people have uneven skin tone, applying Face masks can help them to get an even skin and even texture.
- Younger-looking skin – Over a period of time, your skin starts losing freshness. Face masks help you to stay active and young. There are many face masks available in the market that increases the collagen production and help you to get younger skin day by day.
Although the Internet world is full of list of face masks but it is quite difficult to find the face mask that best suits your skin. We have done years of research and compiled the above list of 10 best face masks for Acne prone skin.
This guide covers details to applying face masks and various benefits associated with applying them on your skin.
If you are really for a genuine solution to acne-like problems, go through the above list of face masks and get your problem resolved on the spot.