With super busy schedules, work meetings, catching up with friends and handling a household – We ladies do it all but at this very time, taking rush, we forget to take care of the most important thing in the world, that’s Ourselves.
There are millions of women and even men who suffer from skin problems. The key is not to stress about it. It is a medically proven fact that mental stress is the reason of pimples and early aging.
Also, due to panic, we begin to take a lot of skin treatment. That too is extremely harmful to the skin as excessive use of chemicals even organic harms the skin abundantly.
What causes Blackheads?
One of the most common skin issues that a woman faces is nothing else but dark and drab blackheads. These are true to their name, when your skin pores are blocked by a black dot that dot is called a blackhead.
The main reason for a blackhead is when dead skin cells and the oil collect in the skin pores. Hence the clogged pore turns into blackheads.
It is a relatively common problem mostly women have a cluster of blackheads near the nasal and chin areas as these are most prone to oil.
The worst thing to do with them is to press it. At that instant, it will feel that you might have gotten rid of but as the blackhead oil has now spread, it will multiply and might even leave a mark on your skin with all the pressing.
But to tackle these pesky blackheads one can always use active face packs and also make use of home remedies.
Top 3 Face Masks For Blackheads Of 2017
In our pledge to help you reveal a better version of yourself, we have reviewed 3 of the top facial masks made for blackheads. These masks are chosen based on their quality, prompt results and affordability.
This product is packaged in a very cute in a small brown jar with a silver lid and blue font, the jaw makes it easy to apply the face pack as well.
The main ingredients of this product are Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, and the Dead Sea mud as the name says. The mineral of this mask soak the sebum (oil responsible for blackheads and acne) and cleans the pore thoroughly.
It also moisturizes the skin unlike other mud masks it doesn’t leave your skin dry, but instead, you get a soft and supple skin. Prevents wrinkles and highly recommend for a person with highly oily skin. It is very affordable and light in the pocket.
This product is available in a tube of white and blue colored packaging. It can be a little difficult to apply.
The main ingredients are sulfur and antioxidant vitamins. It is a transparent mask with a distinct sulfur smell and gives immediate results. Prevents breakouts, clear blemishes and also is extremely useful in reducing the redness on the skin.
Highly recommended for anyone who has frequent breakouts extremely efficient on pimples.
This product is packaged in a small container and is easy to apply. The main ingredients are Aloe Vera, Magnesium and grape seed oil.
All the products used in making this mask are 100% natural no chemicals involved. This mask dries quickly and will detoxify your skin. It gently nourishes the skin making it soft and supple.
This mask can be included in you weekly face cleaning ritual and is completely organic. This well priced clay mask completely worth its value.
Top 6 Home Remedies For Blackheads That Works
If you have a very delicate skin and you prefer not to use chemical products, don’t worry we have you completely covered.
We have such top notch DIY (Do It Yourself) face masks that will help you to get rid of the blackheads in a matter of days.
These masks will not be out of the budget as you already own half the ingredients. These are the home made masks our grandmother swears by and have used it for decades. Also guaranteed to work on every skin type. Be it normal, dry or oily.
We have made a list of 6 such very useful masks which will help you bid a permanent farewell to all your blackheads.
1. Cinnamon, Honey and Cotton Strips
Even though it sounds like a yummy dish to eat. These two do an excellent job when it comes to tackling blackheads.
Ingredients Needed: 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder, 1 tablespoon of honey (raw or organic) and clean strips of cotton.
- Mix both the ingredients properly till it makes a paste. Apply the paste on the top of blackheads and use the strip while pressing it gently.
- Let it stay for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the strip then rinse and don’t forget to moisturize.
- Be very particular about the amount of the ingredients.
2. Lemon Juice and Water
In the upcoming summer season we all will be drinking a lot of cool lemonade. But you will be surprised to know that the citrus lemon juice is quite useful to remove blackheads. It contains vitamin C, which is anti-oxidant that helps stimulate collagen production to enhance skin health.
Ingredients Needed: 1 tablespoon salt, ½ tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix the three ingredients properly till it’s in paste form and then apply it on your face.
- Gently massage it with cotton
- Let it dry for at least 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with cold water and moisturize.
3. Baking Soda and Water
Reminds you of a school science experiment I am sure. Baking soda is also an effective remedy for treating various skin conditions, such as blackheads and acne due to its antiseptic quality. It helps to clear impurities on your skin, such as dirt and debris. This is a sure shot way of losing the stubborn blackheads.
Ingredients needed: 1 tablespoon of baking soda and fresh water.
- Mix water and baking soda till the time it becomes a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your face by massaging it with your hands in circular motion.
- After 5-10 minutes rinse your face with regular water and see the difference.
4. Honey, Milk and Cotton Strips
Back when we were kids our mothers used give us milk and honey. Who knew that once grown up it will help us to get rid of blackheads.
Ingredients needed: 1 teaspoon Milk, 1 tablespoon Honey and cotton strips.
- Mix both the ingredients and then heat it for 10 seconds in the microwave, and mix again properly.
- When it’s back at room temperature apply it on the blackheads and gently but firmly place a fresh cotton strip on top.
- Let it dry, Wait at least 20 whole minutes.
- Carefully, peel of the strip and then rinse with cold water.
5. Egg White, Honey and Lemon Mask
Eggs are to eat. Well, you might not know but, eggs can be super helpful to get rid of blackheads as well.
Ingredients needed: 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon honey and half cut lemon.
- Break the eggs using a fork and separate the yolks and put them in a different container.
- Add honey and squeeze lemon juice to the egg whites and stir properly.
- Apply this mask on your face and let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off with cold water and make sure to moisturize.
6. Oatmeal, Yogurt and Lemon Juice
Oatmeal helps remove dead skin cells, soak up excess skin oil and soothe irritation. A mixture of yogurt and oatmeal is perfect for getting rid of blackheads from your skin.
Ingredients needed: 3 tsp plain Yogurt, 2 tsp oatmeal and 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Mix 3 teaspoons of plain yogurt, 2 teaspoons of oatmeal with some amount of lemon juice.
- Apply it all over the affected parts of your face.
- Leave it to dry and wash your face with clean water after 10 minutes.
- Repeat it once/twice a week to removing blackheads from your face.
Blackheads are a problem, but there is no need to panic about it as this issue has a solution. Just, remember the more you stress, the more oil your body secretes and it will result in more blackheads. It is highly possible that even with a very strict skin routine you are suffering from this issue.
The simplest way to prevent it is to eat healthily and maintain a proper balanced diet. In additional to all these treatments if the problems still prevail, then, visit your nearest dermatologist for professional help.
Conclusively, these home remedies can greatly help you eliminate and prevent blackheads. It’s therefore advised to use them regularly for best and long-term results.